Tackle the Japanese language!

My another blog to learn Japanese. If you are interested in the language, hit it up :)

Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Ayumi Hamasaki sings for DRAGONBALL

It came to light that Ayumi Hamasaki is gonna sing a song
called "Rule" as a theme song for the movie
"DORAGONBALL EVOLUTION"(It opens Mar 13th 2009)
James Wong, the director of the movie, has been a big fan of
her. He offered her to sing the theme song of the movie because
of that.

It's common for Japanese singers to sing the Japanese theme song
of Hollywood movies. But It's rare for them to sing the official
theme song for a Hollywood movie like this time.

How are the reactions of Japanese people?

"... Why Ayu? Doragonball is getting far from the original one"
"This movie might be screwed up"
"She is one of yesterday's singers...
But I want her to do her best"

Japanese people think this is not a good idea.
But It's too late complain about that.
Let's cheer her up!(Actually I want to know what foreign DB fans think about this movie though...)

2 comments:

AtlantaSmoke said...

I am a USA fan of Dragon Ball and I just hope this movie is a good representation of the series. I hate when movies are not faithful to the original work. I have high hopes for this movie but will have to wait and see if it is good or not. As for the singer, Ayumi Hamasaki... I do not know her but if she sings well then I am happy. Watashi wa tanoshii! I just want this movie to be great!

Anonymous said...

lets hope Ayu-chan does well!
Ayumi looked so different and ordinary when she was a 15 year old
http://japansugoi.com/wordpress/ayumi-hamasaki-before-she-became-a-star/